Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Compentency 6: Specific Facet First

This search was the most difficult for me to do. I used the JSTOR database to perform this search. The first term I used to search was "reading motivation." From there I had to narrow it down even more to ensure the results were what I was looking for. I added the term "school librarian." This search brought up a lot of information about high school students, which is great information, but elementary school is where I want to put my focus so I added the final term of "elementary OR primary."




This search brought up 939 matches, which is still a lot, but I was unsure how to break it down even more. I also found this search to be very similar to the building block search. In the end, the article I chose for this search was about first graders and their preference for narrative and information books as well as the preferences between boys and girls.




No comments:

Post a Comment