Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Compentency 6: citation pearl growing search

For this search I used the Lexis Database. In order to already have a set of search terms to use, I looked at the descriptors of an article about reading motivation I had previously found. The article was called "Literacy Committee: Creating a Community of Readers"


The descriptors I chose to use were: reading motivation, school library, elementary.


After searching, I found 1o results. Most of them seemed to be relevant to the topic I was searching for.



I chose to look more closely at the first article that was provided. Overall, this was a good database to use for this type of a search. I'm not sure that it would be the best database to use if you are wanting to do a building block search.








No comments:

Post a Comment